HuntSeek Forums  

Go Back   HuntSeek Forums > Blogs > Jerry's Open and frank discussions

This is where all discussions can take place without regard to anyone's feelings. All I care about here is mine.
Rate this Entry

Spammers

Submit "Spammers" to Digg Submit "Spammers" to del.icio.us Submit "Spammers" to StumbleUpon Submit "Spammers" to Google Submit "Spammers" to Fark Submit "Spammers" to Facebook
Posted Tue March 17th,2009 at 10:50 PM by Jerry

I getting tried of having to delete these stupid people that have time to do nothing but try to join this forum to spam. It seems I'm getting approx. two a day.

Luckily I've been requiring myself to have to physically approve each and everyone that joins anymore. This keeps them from having the ability to spam or us to have to read their trash.

So if your wondering why you are not automatically approved after you join this is the reason. Bear with us and hopefully one day these it's will stop trying.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 27552 Comments 9 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You really can't believe they will stop do you Jerry ,it's just not human nature to do that . There is always some idiot that gets enjoyment out of breaking the rules even when you give them other options . Another forum I belong to gives them the option to post spam in the appropriate area and they still try posting in the open forums . Good luck with your battle . Rojo
  2. Old Comment
    Well one made it through today. I had a feeling that it was a spammer when I approved its membership. And really knew what they were when I find them on the site and the IP they were using was showing China instead of Mass. when they registered. And with its 20 some odd post they showed up as from an IP in NJ. Well they are gone once again. Hopfully I can keep these idiots gone.
  3. Old Comment
    Another spammer made it through but not for long. He joined with an IP from mn.comcast.com and when he posted it recorded his IP as from paraguay. But his post weren't there for long.

This idiots are getting worse. Got to keep watching and checking each registeration. Will keep doing so for a long time to come it looks like.
  4. Old Comment
    Boy they just keep coming. Had one today register under a IP address from canada and they keep trying to login in from an IP from Amsterdam.
    Got to check each and every IP address in your logs to keep these idiots out.
  5. Old Comment
    Had another tonight trying to get in. I approved him then watched his IP change four times to three different countries. Of course he was banned as well. I love to catch them like this before they are able to add their spam to the site.
  6. Old Comment
    Found a great resource to help stop the spammers from getting registered. It a site called Stop Forum Spam at http://www.stopfourmspam.com. It's worth the time to use this site. Plus they have a module for VBulletin that will search the database and stop them from even getting to register.
  7. Old Comment
    Caught a spammer tonight email this page to someone. Trying to track down who. Hey you stupid spammers we will catch you one of these days.
  8. Old Comment
    It's amazing at this time we are catching over 100 spammers a day using stopforumspam.com. If you are not using this on your forum you should. It saves so much time each day not having to delete spam messages and banning spammers.
  9. Old Comment
    I have got three today in the blogs