HuntSeek Forums  

Go Back   HuntSeek Forums > HuntSeek Hunting Forums > Trapping

Old Thu February 8th,2007, 05:52 AM   #1
OKTrap
Hunter
Hunter

OKTrap is on a distinguished road
Default Gearing for 07 - 08

What new changes will you make to your 07-08 lines?

We will be adding a lot of body traps this year if we get the regulations changed to use them in the 07-08 season here in Oklahoma. We are also adding a 3 wheeler and two new trappers to the line ... a 7 and 10 year old.

More contracts are in process for Wildlife Control work, so we'll have to see how they weigh against harvesting fur. Business first.

The Department is currently working on new regualtions for Otter, Black Bear and Cougar. They added this past season, 10 coon to the limit & 2 red fox ... giving a total of 40 coon and 6 fox, 2 of which can now be reds. We are still working with the department for more increases, and more advantages to the trappers in the state.
OKTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri February 9th,2007, 10:12 PM   #2
tcoop
Guide
So Great and Old I'm grey

tcoop is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to tcoop
Default Re: Gearing for 07 - 08

Not planning on doing much different. I have limited time to trap, so I don't have enough time to run a very long line.

We are trying to get otter and bob cats passed for trapping in IL. They are becoming pretty populated, but they are still protected for now.

I didn't know any where had regulations on the number of coon, we can take as many as we can catch.

tcoop
Old Fri October 27th,2017, 02:14 PM   #3
nersSnals

nersSnals is on a distinguished road
Default Gearing for 07 08

Thanks. Yes I to had some big bore coon and they were fine. This was a small one but taught me something new. Thanks for letting me know.
nersSnals is offline   Reply With Quote