HuntSeek Forums  

Go Back   HuntSeek Forums > Guns & Knives > Knives

Old Tue January 11th,2005, 09:55 PM   #1
Overly Hackled

Overly Hackled is on a distinguished road
Default Schrade Going Down

Hi,my first post on this board , found this board off of Rich Cronk site.
Any how just was wondering if any one else has been purchasing Schrade knives at discount prices since the word came out that they were going out of business.
I decided to pick up about 4 of them ( All Uncle Hennery Trappers) and gift my self and 3 of my hunting buddies with them this Christmas, They were on sale for 40% of the regular price.
I knew they were going out of business and since the Uncle Hennery line had always been one of my favorite MADE IN THE USA knives I thought it would be a good idea to grab them while I could.

Any one else seen them at the discounted price?
I guess he one year "replace if lost" guarantee is a no go now. Sure hate to see another Made in the USA knife bite the dust.

Overly Hackled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue January 11th,2005, 10:53 PM   #2
Jerry
Great White Hunter

Jerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Jerry Send a message via AIM to Jerry Send a message via Yahoo to Jerry Send a message via Skype™ to Jerry

Hadn't noticed any of them on sale around here. But then I hadn't heard they had filed bankruptcy.

Welcome to HuntSeek.

Quote:
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.

Chief Joseph, Nez Perce Tribe
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed January 12th,2005, 08:34 AM   #3
CSA
Great White Hunter
Grey Bearded Hunter

CSA is on a distinguished road

I have three Schrade knives that are Old Timers,, odd thing is that I found each one of them, the first knife I found in the middle of the road in it's case, number 2 I found stuck in a tree (rumor has it they broke camp fast and left the area ) well thats what the game warden told me the next day they left other gear skill saw, electric cord, heavy shears, shovel, two nice lawn chairs. and the knife stuck in a tree. It's funny the game warden didn't spot them , they found their way into my truck.Both of these knifes are hunting blades the third knife is a pocket knife with three blades the main blade had the tip broke off but I filed it down and reshaped it. Everyone will be hard pressed to get one of them from me. Just for some reason they are lucky for me.
Old Wed January 12th,2005, 11:20 AM   #4
tcoop
Guide
So Great and Old I'm grey

tcoop is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to tcoop

Found this on their web site:

Dear Imperial Schrade Customer:

Thank you for your inquiry. On October 26, 2004 the assets of Imperial Schrade were sold at a public auction. The Intellectual Property (IP) was sold to Taylor Cutlery. By purchasing the IP, Taylor Cutlery now owns the right to market Imperial Schrade’s products under the various registered trademarks.

Due to legalities surrounding the closure of Imperial Schrade we are unable to honor any warranties on their products. The whereabouts of knives returned to Imperial Schrade in Ellenville, NY for repair are unknown. Certificates on lost or stolen knives cannot be honored.

Check out our website www.TaylorCutlery.com to find a Dealer in your area and to see our complete line of Smith & Wesson Cutting Tools. We hope to offer Existing and New Schrade and Smith & Wesson products by Spring 2005. Our new catalog should be available in the first quarter of next year.

Thank You,

Taylor Cutlery

Old Wed January 12th,2005, 01:26 PM   #5
Mossyhorns
So Great and Old I'm grey

Mossyhorns is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Mossyhorns

WELCOME TO THE BOARD OVERLY,

I haven't heard they have sold out either.Not a bad idea to check around here for some sale prices on their knives.
Old Wed January 12th,2005, 05:25 PM   #6
rojo36
Great White Hunter
Grey Bearded Hunter

rojo36 is on a distinguished road

They started going out of business about six months age according to sales catalogs from Smoky mountain knife works
rojo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed January 12th,2005, 07:30 PM   #7
Jerry
Great White Hunter

Jerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Jerry Send a message via AIM to Jerry Send a message via Yahoo to Jerry Send a message via Skype™ to Jerry

Boy, don't you feel sorry for the guys that had knives in for repair. They are now just lost. Sounds like a bunch of employees took some knives home when they were laid off.

Quote:
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.

Chief Joseph, Nez Perce Tribe
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote