Go Back   HuntSeek Forums > Guns & Knives > Firearms, Ammunition and Reloading

Old Sat November 21st,2009, 05:12 PM   #1
Evan
Guide
So Great and Old I'm grey

Evan will become famous soon enoughEvan will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Evan
Default 115gr 257 triple shock mushroom pics

this is out of my 2506 150yds i forget how far they penetrated. 3 phone books i think. they are 115gr triple shocks

thats a 115gr nosler bt on the left. its one of my most acurate bullets. i load all heavies in the 2506 now. the 115bt was used to snipe quite a few badgers and rock chucks last spring.

the 115triple shocks are kept around for game bigger then deer.

i do still shoot the 110 acubond. this bullet is also acurate and very deadly on deer
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun December 20th,2009, 12:22 PM   #2
mt.bronk
Senior Hunter
Qualified Hunter

mt.bronk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to mt.bronk
Default Re: 115gr 257 triple shock mushroom pics

cool what are grs after thay have mushroomed? i have ben loading sume 117gr. speers fb in my 25-06 had good luck so far. just using them on deer alk my dad had a bunch laying around just using them up. enny thing smaller then deer ben using my 22-250 or 17hmr. i got a new to me 30-06 for sume elk these year but did not go elk hunting . have fun with them 1/4 bores that is still my favorite love the 25-06!
mt.bronk
mt.bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu February 11th,2010, 07:38 PM   #3
Evan
Guide

i think if i remember right they weighed in the 90-100 range. its been along time since i shot those. im just guessing really its been so long.

I've used 53gr triple shocks on my last to deer taken in Idaho and both were very fast clean killed deer shot in the vitals. one was about 100yds then this years was passed at right at 300yds. bullets have retained 100% the rifle is my 220 #1 kinda the only rifle i shoot lately.

the 2506 is my longrange biggame rifle. i haven't used the 115 tsx's to kill anything but i have used the 110 acubond on couple deer and the 100 core lockt as well as 100gr nosler ballistic tips all this bullets killed cleanly with shots to vitals. but for all around the 110acubond would be my pic. its tough shoots very accurate, has high bc and hold together pretty good in phonebooks as well as deer and i think would do on a elk in pinch.
i would not feel comfortable putn a standerd 100gr balistic tip into a elk at any angle or distance past 100yds. this bullet flat out disenegrates on impact. it might actualy do better out past 300yds. were it might not fragrement as fast at slower speeds

man im way off topick and ramblin on here.

good to have you on the site.

later
Evan
Old Tue February 16th,2010, 08:20 PM   #4
rojo36
Great White Hunter
Grey Bearded Hunter

rojo36 is on a distinguished road

Evan have you shot any of the new tipped TSX rounds that Barnes brought out this past year . I tried the 80 gr 243 TTSX and the accuracy was as good as anything I've ever tried in my hunting rifle . Barnes is about all I ever shoot anymore .
Loaded some 25-06 in the 90 gr bullet and 300 win in 168 gr but didn't get to try them on game ,maybe next time .
rojo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed February 24th,2010, 04:30 AM   #5
Evan
Guide

i loaded some 110gr .277 tipped tsx's in the 270win for a freind in his 270wsm and also some in my 270win neither of these rifles took anybigame with the bullet but both shot under 1.5"s at 100yds with zero load development. actualy i take that back. i had to lower the powder charge in the wsm because the middle of the rd book load was to hot