Go Back   HuntSeek Forums > Guns & Knives > Firearms, Ammunition and Reloading

Old Sat August 27th,2016, 08:27 AM   #1
Evan
Guide
So Great and Old I'm grey

Evan will become famous soon enoughEvan will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Evan
Default 10/22 build.

I seem to build these when I get bored in Hobby. This is my second one.

Weaver v16, x22 stock, c&a tactical 20" barrel, rimfire technology trigger, trigger internals adjusted by me. And buffer.

Went out this spring with guys from work who were all shooting 17 hmrs this gun was consistently knocking over whistle pigs right along side the hMr. A few of the guys even had to shoot it. Got lots of man that's nice glass I like your trigger. Damn can't believe I hit that one.

I absolutely love the flat face of the rimfire technology trigger. That and it goes off at about 2.5lbs

Two 10rd groups at only 50yds. I have it sighted in at 75 crystal and plink out to 200 with it

Crystal busting a football sized rockway out there

Off course all my guns kill. This is my secret was bit spot. I snipe them in evenings from a highernie vantage point anywhere from 25 200yds they start popping out. I try to not go beyond 100 with the 22.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat August 27th,2016, 08:41 AM   #2
Evan
Guide
So Great and Old I'm grey

Evan will become famous soon enoughEvan will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Evan
Default Re: 10/22 build.

I'm just rambling posting firearms stuff I collected over the years.

I really like the shape of the stock. Kind of a2 a3 mickmillan style that I've been wanting for years. My 2506 is now sporting a pretty badly eroded throat as well as a cracked stock that I have bedding compound holding it together. I can see Remington 700 in future being slow built by me. In quarter bore or 6.5.

Crystals
Photo one in competition judges reciever a few nasty comments but it did win fair square

2506 right where she belongs on a hot sweaty horse combing through idaho mule deer country

A few days later she makes one shot putting Berger vld in lungs of this beautiful deer. Then thrown in the dirt

Last edited by Evan; Sat August 27th,2016 at 08:47 AM.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote